Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
MARINADE and DRESSING
- 1/2 cups Olive oil
- 4 Lemons, juiced
- 2 tbs Red wine vinegar
- 4 tbs Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 tsp Garlic, granulated
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 4 cups Romaine, washed, chopped
- 1 Cucumbers, seedless, diced
- 1 bell Pepper, red, chopped
- 1 Pints tomatoes, cherry, halved
- 1/4 Onion, red, slivered
- 1/3 cups Olives, kalamata, pitted
- 1 Avocado, sliced
Make (FOR MARINADE AND DRESSING)
- Add marinade ingredients to a mason jar with lid and shake to combine.
- Pour half of the marinade into a large glass baking dish and add chicken. Marinate for 15-30 minutes, turning once.
Prep (FOR SALAD)
- Chop romaine
- Dice cucumber.
- Sliver onion.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Make (FOR SALAD)
- Add salad ingredients, except for avocado, to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill chicken on medium heat either in a grill pan or on a grill, until internal temperature reaches 165° F. Turning once during cooking until browned on both sides.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes then slice at an angle.
- Toss salad with remaining dressing from jar and season with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange on plates, top with chicken and avocado and serve.