New Patient Information
Mitali is currently accepting new patients, seeing women, men and children of all ages. Her focus is to help patients find the underlying cause of their chronic health conditions and/or symptoms. Patients need to continue to have a primary care provider to follow for your routine care such as physical exams, pap smears, well child visits, and acute sick visits.Functional Medicine protocols are also optional. If you are interested in food based diet protocols only and require conventional dietetics approach, Mitali will be happy to provide that as well.
Mitali Kapila is a Registered Dietitian nutritionist with a Master of Science degree and a Certified Leap Therapist with extensive training in functional, integrative, and holistic medicine. She also has had a diverse career in conventional dietetics which allows her to use the best of both worlds when offering a comprehensive approach at getting to your root cause of illness. Using the latest specialized functional medicine lab protocols, Mitali looks at the WHOLE individual, not just their symptoms, and treats using a combination of supplements, diet, lifestyle changes, and medicine to meet your individualized healthcare needs. She seeks to partner with you in your journey to optimal health, hope, and wellness.
You will schedule a 1.5 hour new patient visit with Mitali at the cost of $150. We will collect a non-refundable $100 deposit at the time of scheduling, with the balance of $50 due at the new patient visit.
After we’ve scheduled your appointment and received your deposit, we then email you an invitation to register on our patient portal. This online patient portal will serve as your medical chart at the clinic. When you initially set up your patient profile, you will be required to answer extensive questions about your health, past medical history, family medical history, medicines, supplements, and diet to allow Mitali to get a good understanding of all components of your physical and emotional health. This process takes between 30-45 minutes and needs to be completed prior to your scheduled appointment.
Please review the New Patient Policy to understand what your initial appointment costs and consultation will cover.
STEPS IN BECOMING A NEW PATIENT:
- To become a new patient, call 248-961-0229 to make your 1.5 hour face-to-face appointment with Mitali.
You will need to provide a credit card to charge your new patient appointment non-refundable deposit of $100.00 which applies towards the $175 cost of your initial visit.We are able to accept Aetna (multiple visits), Humana(multiple visits), Blue cross Blue Shield Messa (6 visits) insurances only at this point. For Medicare part B patients, only Renal disease or Diabetes diagnosis codes are covered for 3- 1 hour visits only.
- You then will be sent an email inviting you to register in the patient portal. See below for details on filling out your online patient portal. All sections of the online patient portal must be completed prior to your first appointment.
- On your portal, review and complete the eSignature New Patient Policy and Financial Policy documents on your patient portal prior to your appointment.
- If you wish, you may fax, mail or drop-off medical records from the past 2 years prior to your appointment. It is your responsibility to contact the office to confirm we have received any sent records prior to your appointment.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to make sure all necessary paperwork is completed prior to your appointment to maximize your appointment time with the Dietitian.